Hello again peeps in Toyoland!
I\'m starting another instalment in what promises to be an epic series of DIY articles on replacing various parts for numerous Toyota models. This thread will demonstrate the procedure for replacing the EGR valve on a \'99 Camry V-6. This guideline should apply to all Camry V-6 models in this generation\'s model range. Let\'s dig in!
EGR Valve- **620-20020 $178.83 (at OEM parts sites like toyotapartszone.com) - $246.70 (at dealerships)
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the air cleaner hose and lid. Disconnect the IAT sensor wiring.
3. Disconnect the accelerator cable bracket from the throttle body.
4. Remove the throttle body from the air intake chamber.
5. Unbolt and remove the engine hanger, air intake chamber stay and EGR vacuum modulator. Discard the vacuum modulator gasket.
6. Loosen the union nut of the EGR valve. Disconnect and label the hoses attached to the valve.
Disconnect the EGR gas temperature sensor wiring.
**Prior to EGR valve removal, label all hoses for the EGR valve (1) and vacuum modulator (2)**
7. Remove the nuts, EGR valve and pipe. Discard the gaskets.
**Remove these three nuts to separate the EGR and modulator from the intake manifold**
1. Place a new gasket on the cylinder head facing the protrusion downward. Install another gasket on the EGR valve and pipe and secure with the mounting nuts. Tighten them to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
2.Connect the EGR gas temperature sensor wiring.
3. Attach the vacuum hoses to the valve in their proper locations.
4. Tighten the union nut on the EGR valve to 43 ft. lbs. (59 Nm).
5. Install the air intake chamber stay, vacuum modulator and engine hanger. Place a new gasket into position facing the protrusion downward.
6. Tighten the assembly down with the bolt and attach the hoses.
7. Install the throttle body with a new gasket. Attach all wiring and hoses removed.
8. Connect the accelerator cable bracket to the throttle body.
9. Install the air cleaner and hose. Attach the IAT sensor connection.
10. Attach the negative battery cable.