See a great deal of new and old Toyota car and truck content at the rest of Toyoland!

22r carby
Read 3731 times
* February 05, 2008, 05:13:21 AM
Can anyone tell me how to adjust secondary throat on a 22r motor on a 2wd hilux . doesnt seem to cut in at all

* February 07, 2008, 03:46:15 PM
What kind of carb is this, Weber? Is this with vacuum advance?  What are you trying to adjust - the idle, to fix a stumble at higher revs, etc.?

* February 13, 2008, 08:21:35 AM
sorry didnt get back earlier, had the car at the trimmers. Its just a standard carby cant see the brand and it feels like the 2nd jet isnt cutting in, where normally you can feel it . can email photo if u have email address  cheers Eddy

* February 26, 2008, 03:03:52 PM
Not sure if you found a solution to this or not - but I\'ve seen that other with a similar issue found that it could be either a dirty fuel jet or something amiss with the vacuum/mechanical advance on the secondary,  There is a metering rod that controls fuel flow to the secondary jet - this extra fuel is pulled in via engine vacuum at WOT - there is a little choke like flap that should be pulled down by the increase of vacuum to allow a richer air/fuel mix.  If that secondary throttle plate is not pulled down because it is gummed up or otherwise sticking, it could act like the secondary isn\'t cutting in at all.

* February 28, 2008, 07:22:33 AM
thanks for ur help I\'ll look into it

Site created and maintained by David Zatz. He has written four car books.