See a great deal of new and old Toyota car and truck content at the rest of Toyoland!

Wiper Fluid reservoir (tank)??
Read 5308 times
* September 19, 2006, 10:33:00 PM
Hi Every Body,

Greetings! I joined this forum recently. It is interesting see messages/help.

I am looking for Wiper Fluid reservoir (tank) for 1999 Toyota Corolla
CE. It is same across 1998 through 2001. The same part
of Chevy Prism is also works. The new one is very expensive from dealer. There is no aftermarket for this one.

Could you suggest a Auto Salvage/used parts to find it?

Ram

* September 20, 2006, 01:09:09 AM
Salvage yard would be a good place to look for a washer tank - just look those up in your local yellow pages or an online search. There are some online resources for used/salvage tanks - places will remove them from donor vehicles and ship them to you.  Problem with that is shipping is usually much more than what the part would cost you.  I can\'t really suggest any off=hand - as I don\'t know what area you are from.

* September 20, 2006, 04:44:24 PM
Hi,

Greetings! Thanks for your reply. I live in Maryland/Baltimore/Glen Burnie, Zip 21061. I tried with Crazy Ray\'s yard. They have only pre 1990 vehicles. I could not find part for my vehicle.

Where are you located? Are you a mechanic?

Let me know your thoughts.

Ram

* September 20, 2006, 06:23:23 PM
I live in Northern Virgina area - not a mechanic by trade (computer programmer, data analyst actually), but as a hobby.  

Finding a newer model like that in a salvage yard will be tough - I\'ve looked at a few locally in the past and they don\'t have anything newer than 1993.  

You would have to find one from atleast the same generation of Camry as you own (4th generation - 1997 to 2001 model years).  Best to ask them to keep any eye out on the part you are looking for - otherwise it could take a while.  Might try sealing the original one with silicone or similar temporarily until you come across one.

* September 20, 2006, 10:18:12 PM
Hi

Thanks again. I am glad to haer that were in adjacent state. I too work in IT space . I am surprised by our sync. I like to network with you. What is your emailid/Phone #?

Ram

* September 20, 2006, 10:51:47 PM
Hit me up on the Corolland forums (www.corolland.com) - I generally check that site pretty often.  Or catch me here - just post and I\'ll find you.  Just PM me on either site - that would be easiest way to get me.

Site created and maintained by David Zatz. He has written four car books.